Kamieniec Ząbkowicki is a 19th century neo-Gothic castle, designed by the renowned architect Karl Friedrich Schinkel for the princess Marianne von Oranien-Nassau. Kamieniec Zabkowicki Castle is one of the most beautiful castles in Poland . It is situated in Lower Silesia, in the village of Kamieniec Ząbkowicki. Although designed by Schinkel, but most of the time, the building of the place was managed by a young architect, Ferdinand Martius. In 1848 the works on the castle were stopped because of the divorce of the princess but in 1853, were restarted. The lavish gardens and terraces were designed by Petera Josepha Lenné. In 1873, princess Marianne gave the palace to her son Albrechta. After the war the palace was severely damaged by the Russian Army and only in the 1980 its reconstruction started. Today, there is a restaurant and a hotel in the palace.