The Hel Peninsula it is 36 km long sandy spit situated at the western part of Gdansk Bay at southern Baltic, in Poland. The Hel Spit is long and narrow land with 2 to 3 metres dunes. At some places reach the height of 13 m above sea level. Hel was the place where Polish Army held out the longest against the German invasion in 1939. Approximately 3,000 soldiers defended the area from 9 September until 2 October 1939 against overwhelming German Army with a powerful fleet and air force at their disposal. Hel is a host to the Museum of Coastal Defence. It was established by the “Friends of Hel” society in buildings formerly occupied by the German “Schleswig-Holstein” 406 mm battery: the B2 gun emplacement and the range-finder tower. The museum is dedicated to the memory of Zbigniew Przybyszewski – the commander of the peninsular battery. Aside from the displays of weapons, medical equipment, and German mess kits, it also documents the Polish Navy’s courageous effort in defending the peninsula.