Janowiec Castle was built in between 1508–1526, on a steep Vistulan hillside in Janowiec, Lublin Voivodeship, in Poland. It is a popular place to visit from nearby Kazimierz Dolny. The Castle was built for Mikolaj Firlej in the 16th century. Later addition, a baroque chapel was erected in the courtyard in the mid-seventeenth century. In the 19th century, the Janowiec Castle started to deteriorate and fell into ruin. The restoration begun in 1988 but a substantial parts of the Castle will remain in ruin. The restored interiors house exhibitions showing the history of the Castle, of its renovation and of the development of the art of defence. A few rooms have been decorated and furnished as they would have been in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, and these form the Castle Interiors Museum.