Krasiczyn Castle is a Renaissance building situated in the south eastern Poland. It is located on a lowland on the right bank of the river San. It is one of the greatest treasures of Renaissance-Mannerist architecture in Poland and one of the most beautiful castles in Europe. The construction of the castle started in 1580, initiated by a local nobleman Stanislaw Siecienski. This 16th century noblemen’s mansion was inhabited in the past by many great Polish families. Despite numerous fires and wars across the centuries, the castle’s complex has been essentially unchanged since the early 17th century. Built as a square, with walls representing all four quarters of the globe, at the corners there are four oval-shaped towers: Divine or God’s (Boska), Pope or Papal (Papieska), Royal or King’s (Krolewska), and Noble (Szlachecka). The God’s tower houses a chapel and crypt and the King’s tower now houses exhibition space for contemporary worksAfter the Second World War, the Communist government nationalized the complex; today, it has been turned into a hotel. Surrounding park is planted with ancient oaks, a gingko tree, magnolias and lime avenues.