The Warsaw Jewish Cemetery is one of the largest Jewish cemeteries in Europe. It is located at Warsaw’s Okopowa Street. Established in 1806, it is one of the last remaining open and active Jewish cemeteries in Poland. Around 200,000 tombstones can be found at the cemetery, many of which have great historical and artistic value. A large number of graves and crypts are overgrown, having been abandoned after the World War II. Reopened, it remains active, serving Warsaw’s small existing Jewish population. Many of the markers are simple, others are elaborately carved with Art Nouvea angels drooping mournfully over a tomb or with large, elaborate bas relief panoramas. Large mausoleums appear in styles ranging from Egyptian revival to Art Deco.